4 Gadgets Perfect For Seniors
Posted by Mike McQuinn on November 13, 2016 | no comments
Shopping for the older members of your family can be a difficult task. What do you get for someone who may not be interested in the newest technologies? What can you get that they will actually make use of? Answering this question may not be the most simple task, but luckily, we have four suggestions that can help.
The world is becoming more and more technologically advanced, and these devices, to my mind, are a great gift, but most of the seniors in our lives don’t just want a technological doo-dad; they want something that allows them to enjoy something that they’ve had before, but to enjoy it in a new way. This being the case, here are four great gadgets that you could get for any older member of the family and that they will enjoy for years to come.
Amazon Fire HD 8
- With a beautiful 8 inch screen, up to 32GB of internal storage and an SD card slot that can allow for additional storage, this is a great option for the grandparent in your life.
- It’s a multipurpose device. It can be a movie player. It can be a music player. It can be a communications device for talking to loved ones on Skype or answering emails. It can be a book reader with access to literally every book ever made.
- A very affordable way to give the grandparents a device that is amazingly versatile and can be used to talk to family, and even better, it is backed up by Amazon’s superior customer service.
Pix-Star 10.4 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame
- Everybody likes to have pictures of loved ones nearby. It’s a great reminder of the fact that you’re loved, or that your life has had meaning and has borne amazing fruit that has gone on to bear its own fruit. This is a modern take on the classic picture frame.
- The Pix-Star 10.4 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame allows the user to watch a slideshow of photos continuously.
- New photos can be added from afar, via the use of an app, an email, or even by cell phone. This allows the family to send pictures with ease.
Polaroid Snap Touch Instant Print Digital Camera with LCD Display
- Polaroid is famous for the company that sold instant-print cameras. Before, this meant that the film was fast-acting, and that each photograph was taken on an individual picture that would then be shaken until the picture stuck and the colors were fully vibrant. Now, this means that the camera acts as its own printer, printing photograph-quality images.
- Easy to use. Take a picture, look at the picture on the LCD display on the background, and then, if desired, print it out!
- It also stores the pictures for later removal to a hard drive, so that they can be posted on the internet if someone desires to do that as well. Truly, a great and modernized take on old Polaroid cameras that were (and slowly are becoming again) all the rage.
Crosley Troubador Record Player
- Nothing is as sad as having something you love, be it music or film, and seeing the world pass the medium that it is recorded on by. When it comes to the music world, in the last half of a century we’ve gone from records to cassettes to CDs to digital music (with radio being continuously present, of course). If you’ve been alive for more than a few decades, you either have to spend a lot of money trying to keep an old record player in functioning condition, or you have to buy all those albums over again (and again).
- Crosley is a name well-known in the record player market. They make other devices as well, of course, and their Troubador line is a great multi-purpose device. It can play records, cassettes, CDs, digital media, and radio, as well as having a USB connection and the ability to hook into better speakers than the standard.
- This is a great way to help an elderly loved one to experience their favorite music again without having to pay for it again and to enjoy it the way it was originally released.
So, as Christmas is always just around the corner, if you are looking to find a good gift for the elderly loved one in your life, here are just a few suggestions that they are likely to treasure for years to come. Obviously, you should consider your specific loved one and their likes and wants first and foremost, but this list contains items that can be great for anyone in your life.